Who We Are
Presbytery of New Covenant is made up of 88 churches and new church developments, spread across 39 counties in southeast Texas, including Houston. It is part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) has more than 10,000 congregations which are organized into 172 presbyteries (district governing bodies) and 16 synods (regional governing bodies). New Covenant Presbytery is a member of the Synod of the Sun, www.synodsun.org, which consists of eleven presbyteries in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas.
Member-churches connect with the work of the presbytery through their gifts of time, talent, and treasure. These gifts enable the presbytery to:
- Provide care and guidance for individuals seeking to enter the ministry.
- Give pastoral care to churches and pastors.
- Work closely with churches seeking to call new pastors.
- Transform established churches by guiding them and mobilizing their strength for effective dialog, witness, and mission to the broader community.
- Provide encouragement, guidance, training, and resources for church leaders.
- Distribute numerous grants to congregations to develop new ministry initiatives, peace advancement, and social justice enterprises.
- Create connectional ministry contacts between congregations and the PC(USA).
Growing congregations that passionately engage
their community in making disciples
Confessing Jesus Christ as Lord; Connecting one another in ministry ;
Challenging one another for mission.