Director of Children's Ministry - Grand Lakes
GRAND LAKES PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN'S MINISTRY (Full or Part-Time)
The position is responsible for creating and implementing a children’s ministry program that inspires children and, in turn, their families to attend all Sunday school activities and special events and bring their friends along to be transformed in Christ.
- Develop curriculum, programming and communication in line with the church’s commitments, values and culture.
- Evaluate and review the youth program quarterly with the Senior Pastor to ensure the program is in line with our vision and mission.
- Ensure youth leaders and volunteers are in compliance with the church child protection policy.
- Be responsible for resources, tools, equipment, and properties entrusted for the use with the youth ministry.
- Build strong relationships with, and garner the respect of, parents of all elementary-aged children and communicate with them through multiple media on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the children’s ministry program witnesses the Reformed theology and mission of the church, while creating and encouraging a loving, nurturing, safe environment for our children.
- Bring vision and organization to the children’s ministry, so that it can grow at the pace at which our church is growing.
- Provide opportunities consistent with GLPC Mission, Vision, and Values e.g. “...transforming lives in Christ.”
- Coordinate special events (i.e., VBS, Church Holidays, harvest party, family nights, community reach-out etc.)
- Duties may be modified for the benefit of the church as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Perform other church duties as assigned.
- A degree in these areas is preferred but not required.
- Must have demonstrated ability to recruit, lead and motivate volunteers.
- Must be a self-starter and strong problem solver.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher as well as other tools as necessary.
- Must be skilled in interpersonal relationships, with a heart for Jesus Christ. Team play is essential.
- Must have a loving knowledge of scripture as the inspired Word of God, and its application to children and families.
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Grand Lakes Presbyterian Church, visit www.grandlakespc.org.
Published March 13, 2017.