Worship Leader - Heights PC
HEIGHTS PRESBYERIAN CHURCH
PART-TIME WORSHIP LEADER
Part Time Contract Position: 8-12 hours/week
The Worship Leader is responsible for overseeing the church’s music ministry, directing the music team, and enriching the worship and fellowship of the congregation through music.
- Lead the congregation in worship on Sundays, teaching music and facilitating an environment that connects worshipers to God.
- Coordinate and direct weekly music team rehearsals and special rehearsals as necessary.
- Arrange soloists and special music ensembles.
- Audition, supervise, and coordinate with other volunteer musicians.
- Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
- Attend meetings of the Spiritual Life Committee as needed.
- Play keyboard/guitar as needed for Sunday worship and special services. Also for weddings and funerals (strongly desired, but not mandatory for every occasion).
- Collaborate with other music directors in the community as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, or equivalent experience. Proficient with technology, or a willingness to learn.
- A love for the church and a passion to engage the church in worship through music.
- A proven ability to foster a love for music in others; work effectively with people of various ages and skill levels; collaborate with the pastor or other church leadership in planning; and produce high-quality musical presentations.
Heights Presbyterian Church is a Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) with 40-50 regular attenders in a 11:00 a.m. morning worship service. HPC is moving to re-establish itself in the community using a primarily contemporary style of music while also blending in elements from other musical traditions.
Please forward resume, any videos, and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Heights Presbyterian Church, visit http://www.heightspc.org/.
Published March 13, 2017.