Part-Time Under 18 Ministry Team Facilitator
Woodlands Community Presbyterian Church (WCPC)
Part-Time Under-18 Ministry Team Facilitator
Partner with Youth, Tween, Children, and Mission ministry teams in an administrative “behind the scenes” capacity. WCPC is seeking someone with a love for Christ, children, and mission, who is not there to design or implement a program, but to assist church staff and congregation members called to lead that work.
Responsibilities and qualifications to include:
1. Attend staff, Youth, Tween, Children Ministry Team meetings. Attend Under-18 biannual planning meetings and maintain an overall calendar to keep group events cohesive across the spectrum. Direct any issues, notifications, or problems to staff or committee heads as appropriate.
2. Assist each team in keeping budgetary items in the proper accounts.
3. Maintain schedules and deadlines for camps and conferences and keep track of all necessary paperwork associated with mission outreach and church camps.
4. Send weekly notification to participants and parents, be responsible for any necessary publicity (printed or digital), liaise with appropriate volunteers to update web site, track youth and tween attendance, gather newsletter information for WCPC receptionist, and update general participation forms for parents and students.
5. Assist with purchases of curriculum and supplies as deemed necessary by Children, Tween, and Youth Committees.
6. Work closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry, the Mission Outreach Facilitator, and other WCPC staff and Committee chairs.
7. Computer skills, including but not limited to social media literacy (such as Facebook, Twitter), ability to maintain church website, social media accounts, sending out and responding to e-mails, coordinating group texts for Youth events, and knowledge of WordPress software utilized by church.
8. Track hours and activities and communicate to Youth, Tweens, and Personnel Committees as appropriate; the position is intended to be a 20 hour/week part-time position.
9. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Posted February 16, 2017.